Hello there writer friend! In today’s episode we are talking about how to make money with your books. First of all, let me say that selling copies of your book is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to making money as an author. To make a living off of being a writer, you really do need to create multiple streams of income.
Did you know that if you have 28 “assets” of a book, you are well on your way to making 100K? I talk about this and so much more in today’s episode!
Thanks to Dr. J over on Instagram who asked me this question about how to make money with your books and how much money you can make!
In today’s episode, I chat about:
- Your book is an authority builder. It gives you influence, for example, in medical and science writing or self publishing a book. This authority building leads to a variety of opportunities.
- Creating multiple streams of income from your book.
- This may include audiobooks as well as an e-book and paper copies of your book.
- Multiple places to self-publish your book.
- Turning your book into a talk for speaking engagements. Then you pitch your services to conferences. This can be an incredibly lucrative opportunity!
- Why you need a website as a writer-entrepreneur. This is SO valuable because it’s an opportunity to promote your book, brand, and all the assets surrounding your book. I give some valuable tips for starting your writer website.
- Turning your book into a teaching course or coaching program.
Tools/links mentioned in this episode:
- Episode 44 with Melody Johnson
- Episode 26: Key to Writing and Marketing your Self Published Book
- Writer Checklist Freebie
Write and Profit course is 30% off in the month of August! Use Promo code 30OFF and check out! Check it out here!
Until next week…